Bali Chicken Appetizers
|2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 lb each|
|2 cups chopped walnuts or peanuts|
|2/3 cup lime juice|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|2 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 cup Greek style yogurt|
|1 Serrano chili, optional|
This chicken dish is served all over Indonesia, especially in Bali.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Place nuts lime juice, broth, onion, garlic, hot pepper and salt into a blender or food processor and process until nuts are fine.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the nut mixture into the yogurt and serve as a dip for the chicken. Cover and refrigerate. If desired chop the Serrano chili and add the the mixture.
- Gently coat pieces of chicken with remaining nut mixture.
- Thread the coated chicken pieces onto skewers.
- place the chicken skewers on a grill over hot charcoal or in a shallow baking pan 6 inch below a broiler.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning once until chicken is cooked through. About 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and and place yogurt dip in the middle.
- Serve with wooden toothpicks.