Crispy Fried Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- Wash unpeeled zucchini, trim off stem and blossom ends.
- Cut lengthwise into quarters, then slice quarters in strips about 2 and 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and lemon juice together in another bowl.
- Put cracker meal in another bowl.
- Roll zucchini in flour mixture and remove excess.
- Then place zucchini in the egg mixture, the roll in the cracker crumbs.
- Fry in a saute pan along with butter until brown on all sides.
- Add more butter to pan if necessary.