- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pierce egg plant all over and place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until soft.
- Cool, then cut in half and scoop out flesh and add to a large covered bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or crusty bread.