Ginger Cheddar Cheese Straws
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp powdered ginger|
|1 cup sifted flour|
|1/3 cup unsalted butter|
|1 cup sharp cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds|
|1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbs cold water|
- Sift together the flour, salt and ginger.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Stir in the cheese and sesame seed.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbs of water.
- Sprinkle over flour and toss with a fork until moistened. Add more water if needed.
- Gather up the dough with your fingers and form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured ball, roll out dough until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
- Place the strips about 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or util lightly browned and crisp.