Ginger Cheddar Cheese Straws
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs cold water
- Sift together the flour, salt and ginger.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Stir in the cheese and sesame seed.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbs of water.
- Sprinkle over flour and toss with a fork until moistened. Add more water if needed.
- Gather up the dough with your fingers and form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured ball, roll out dough until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
- Place the strips about 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or util lightly browned and crisp.