Green Beans with Herbs
|1 lb green beans|
|1/4 cup butter|
|3/4 cup onion, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp rosemary|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Wash beans and remove ends.
- Cut crosswise in thin slanted slices
- Cook covered in boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until tender and bright green
- Drain. Shock the beans in ice water. This will help the beans to remain bright green.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan, add the onion, celery and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add to beans and toss well.