Roasted Turkey with Champagne and Apples
- 1 (12 lb) turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tart apples, cored and peeled
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs thyme
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2/3 (750 mil) bottle of champagne
This an extremely juicy turkey that is cooked with champagne and apples.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
- Loosen turkey skin and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast.
- Place apples inside the turkey’s cavity.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Season with thyme inside and out.
- Place turkey in a roasting bag, and pour the champagne inside and out of the bird
- Close the bag and place in a baking pan.
- Bake turkey 3 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature is 175 degrees.
- Remove turkey from bag and let rest for 30 minutes before carving.