Roasted Turkey with Champagne and Apples
|1 (12 lb) turkey, neck and giblets removed|
|1/2 cup butter, cubed|
|2 tart apples, cored and peeled|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tbs thyme|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2/3 (750 mil) bottle of champagne|
This an extremely juicy turkey that is cooked with champagne and apples.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
- Loosen turkey skin and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast.
- Place apples inside the turkey’s cavity.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Season with thyme inside and out.
- Place turkey in a roasting bag, and pour the champagne inside and out of the bird
- Close the bag and place in a baking pan.
- Bake turkey 3 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature is 175 degrees.
- Remove turkey from bag and let rest for 30 minutes before carving.