- 1 large Jicama root, peeled
- 2 to 3 tsp of chili powder
- limes for squeezing
- 1 tbs kosher salt
Jicama is a large root that is very popular in Mexico. They range in size between a baseball and a soft ball. Once peeled it’s white flesh is very crunchy and refreshing.
- In a small bowl combine the salt and chili power.
- Cut the limes in wedges
- Cut the Jicama into slices or into batons about 4 inch long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on a serving platter surrounded by lime wedges
- To eat, rub lime over Jicama, then dip into seasoned salt.