|1/2 lb chicken livers|
|1/2 cup dry Vermouth|
|2 (5oz) cans of water chestnuts, drained|
|8 strips bacon|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
- Cut chicken livers into 16 bite sized pieces. Rinse and drain on paper towels.
- Heat 2 tbs of Vermouth in a saute pan using medium heat and add the chicken livers and cook until lightly browned, but still pink inside. Drain.
- Cut 16 water chestnuts in half.
- Cut bacon strips crosswise.
- Sandwich a piece of chicken liver between 2 water chestnut halves.
- Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Add livers to a shallow bowl and pour over the remaining Vermouth and soy sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours, basting occasionally.
- Remove Rumaki from marinade and place on a charcoal or on a rack in a shallow pan 6 inches below a broiler.
- Grill or broil for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice.