Scallops with Mandarin Oranges
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 tbs butter, divided
- 1 lb sea scallops
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- Cook couscous according to package directions, eliminating the butter and salt.
- Melt half of the butter in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Add half the scallops to the pan and cook until opaque throughout and golden brown on the surfaces. About 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove scallops, cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter and cook the remaining scallops. Remove.
- Add orange juice to the pan and cook until reduced by about half.
- To serve, divide couscous among plates, pour cooked orange juice over couscous.
- Top with scallops and garnish with orange sections and scallions.