Smokey Barbecue Pit Beans
|4 slices bacon|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 green pepper chopped|
|1 jalapeno, minced|
|1 (55 oz) can of Bush Baked beans|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|2 tbs of your favorite barbecue rub|
|1 cup of you your favorite barbecue sauce|
|1/4 cup yellow mustard|
|2 tbs liquid smoke|
- In a saute pan add the bacon and sauce until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and add the butter, onion and peppers and cook until the onion is soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, brown sugar, rub, sauce, mustard and bacon. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to an aluminium pan and cook in a covered grill for about 2 hours.
- Serves 10.
- Alternatively you may bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours, however you will loose the smoke flavor.