Smokey Barbecue Pit Beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 (55 oz) can of Bush Baked beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs of your favorite barbecue rub
- 1 cup of you your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tbs liquid smoke
- In a saute pan add the bacon and sauce until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and add the butter, onion and peppers and cook until the onion is soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, brown sugar, rub, sauce, mustard and bacon. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to an aluminium pan and cook in a covered grill for about 2 hours.
- Serves 10.
- Alternatively you may bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours, however you will loose the smoke flavor.