Spicy Chipolte Barbecue Sauce
- 2(15oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 3 chipolte chilies, along with 2 tbs of the adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Whisk the salt, pepper, celery seed, cinnamon, paprika, cloves, garlic powder, onion powder and chipolte together in a small bowl until completely blended.
- Add to the sauce pan and mix well.
- On the stove top, simmer the sauce over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.