Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- 3 lbs green beans
- 3 onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbs canola oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut off tips of the beans and leave whole
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender. About 6 minutes. Drain.
- Combine beans and onion rings in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to beans and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours covered. Stir occasionally.
- Serve cold.