Sweet and Sour Green Beans
|3 lbs green beans|
|3 onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|1 cup vinegar|
|2 cups sugar|
|3 tbs canola oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Cut off tips of the beans and leave whole
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender. About 6 minutes. Drain.
- Combine beans and onion rings in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to beans and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours covered. Stir occasionally.
- Serve cold.