Barbecued Bourbon Chuck Roast
|5 lb blade chuck roast, about 3 inches thick|
|1 bottle (5oz) soy sauce|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup good bourbon|
|1 and 1/2 cups water|
- Add all ingredients except for meat in a shallow glass baking pan.
- Add the meat, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Marinate meat overnight.
- Add meat on a grill with coals and wood chunks to the side.
- Smoke meat for 2-3 hours, adding additional wood chunks as needed.
- Alternatively you may roast meat in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 145-165.