Barbecued Bourbon Chuck Roast
- 5 lb blade chuck roast, about 3 inches thick
- 1 bottle (5oz) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup good bourbon
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- Add all ingredients except for meat in a shallow glass baking pan.
- Add the meat, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Marinate meat overnight.
- Add meat on a grill with coals and wood chunks to the side.
- Smoke meat for 2-3 hours, adding additional wood chunks as needed.
- Alternatively you may roast meat in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 145-165.