Barbecued Lamb Burgers with Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise
|1 and 1/2 lbs of ground lamb|
|1/4 cup onion, minced|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 tsp lemon zest|
|1 tsp fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|4 hamburger rolls|
|lettuce and tomatoes for garnish|
- Mix the lamb, onions, oregano in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly mix well.
- Form into 4 equal sized burgers.
- Cook over hot coals for about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile toast buns over fire .
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, garlic lemon zest, lemon juice and mint.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the buns, and the burger and top with lettuce and tomatoes.