Barbecued Lamb Burgers with Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of ground lamb
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 4 hamburger rolls
- lettuce and tomatoes for garnish
- Mix the lamb, onions, oregano in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly mix well.
- Form into 4 equal sized burgers.
- Cook over hot coals for about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile toast buns over fire .
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, garlic lemon zest, lemon juice and mint.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the buns, and the burger and top with lettuce and tomatoes.