Chinese Shrimp and Coriander Toasts
- 1 lb of large shrimp
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1 stem of lemon grass, white parts only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 slices stale white bread, crusts removed
- canola oil for shallow frying
- Finely chop the shrimp, scallions, lemon grass, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add the egg white, oil, lemon juice and chopped ingredients to a food processor.
- Spread the mixture over the bread, and cut each slice into four triangles.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the bread and cook, prawn side side down, turn and cook the other side for about 1 minute, or until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve.