Chinese Shrimp and Coriander Toasts
|1 lb of large shrimp|
|8 scallions, chopped|
|1 stem of lemon grass, white parts only|
|1 clove garlic, crushed.|
|1 egg white|
|1 tbs cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs fish sauce|
|2 tsp hot chili sauce|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|8 slices stale white bread, crusts removed|
|canola oil for shallow frying|
- Finely chop the shrimp, scallions, lemon grass, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add the egg white, oil, lemon juice and chopped ingredients to a food processor.
- Spread the mixture over the bread, and cut each slice into four triangles.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the bread and cook, prawn side side down, turn and cook the other side for about 1 minute, or until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve.