Iron Skillet Grilled Mussels
|1 lb mussels, washed and de bearded|
|2 stick of butter, melted|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 tbs chopped garlic|
|parsley for garnish, chopped|
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and butter.
- When pan is hot add mussels and garlic.
- When mussels open, cook for another 2 minutes to allow juices to evaporate.
- Melt butter in sauce pan along with the mussels.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Season with salt and pepper garnish with parsley and serve in bowls with crusty bread and melted butter on the side.