Iron Skillet Grilled Mussels
- 1 lb mussels, washed and de bearded
- 2 stick of butter, melted
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- parsley for garnish, chopped
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and butter.
- When pan is hot add mussels and garlic.
- When mussels open, cook for another 2 minutes to allow juices to evaporate.
- Melt butter in sauce pan along with the mussels.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Season with salt and pepper garnish with parsley and serve in bowls with crusty bread and melted butter on the side.