Lemon Barbecued Chicken
- 2 broiler chickens (2 and 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Split chicken in halves or quarters.
- Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Place all ingredients in a non reactive bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
- Place chicken on grill skin side up, and grill for about 20 minutes, brushing often with reserved sauce.
- Turn chicken and grill for an additional 20 minutes.