Lemon Barbecued Chicken
|2 broiler chickens (2 and 1/2 to 3 lbs)|
|1 cup canola oil|
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tbs paprika|
|1 tbs dried basil|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
- Split chicken in halves or quarters.
- Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Place all ingredients in a non reactive bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
- Place chicken on grill skin side up, and grill for about 20 minutes, brushing often with reserved sauce.
- Turn chicken and grill for an additional 20 minutes.