- 1 medium egg plant
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovy filets
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the eggplant into thick diagonal slices.
- Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle well with salt.
- After 30 minutes, rinse and pat dry.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and anchovy until smooth. Season to taste.
- Heat a little oil in a saute pan and brown the eggplant in batches.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with dressing and parsley.
- Let marinate covered for about 4 hours.
- Serve at room temperature.