Marinated Mussels Scallops and Shrimp
|1 lb mussels|
|1 lb scallops|
|1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs fresh parsley|
- Clean the mussels and discard any that are open.
- Add vinegar, bay leaves, 3 cups of water and a dash of salt in a large sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the squid, scallops, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the squid and scallops with a slotted spoon and add to a bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the cooking liquid and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the liquid to a boil and add the mussels, then simmer for about 3 minutes or until the shells open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Remove the meat from the shells and add to the squid, shrimp and scallops along with about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Whisk the garlic and oil together with the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and parsley.
- Pour over seafood and toss well.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.