Oven Barbecued Turkey Legs
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Season turkey legs with salt and pepper all over. Rub into meat.
- Place in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree over for about 2 hours.
- Put water in the bottom of the roasting pan and cover. This will help to keep the turkey moist.
- In a sauce pan brown onions in butter then add other ingredients, and cook slowly for about 30 minutes.
- Put roasted turkey legs in sauce and let simmer for about 40 minutes.