Sherry Steamed Clams
|3 dozen little neck clams, in the shell|
|1 cup dry sherry|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped|
- Wash clams under cold running water and set aside.
- Place sherry, scallions, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add clams and cover.
- Simmer until clams open, then remove clams from liquid and set aside in a large bowl.
- Simmer the remaining liquid until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Pour the liquid over the clams and serve.