Asian Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 large zucchini
- 1/4 lb of ground pork
- 1/8 lb of shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbs roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini.
- Cut the zucchini into 2 inch thick slices.
- Scoop out with a melon baller, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh around the inside of the skin as well as on the bottom of each slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground pork, chopped shrimp, garlic, cilantro, sugar, lime zest, shallots. 2 tbs of coconut cream and the fish sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini shells, then cover and refrigerate until close to serving time.
- Place the stuffed shells in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pan of boiling water, cover and steam for 10 minutes or until the filling is cooked and zucchini is tender.
- Serve dotted with a little coconut cream and sprinkled with chopped peanuts.