Asian Stuffed Zucchini
|4 large zucchini|
|1/4 lb of ground pork|
|1/8 lb of shrimp, finely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tbs cilantro, chopped|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp grated lime zest|
|2 shallots, minced|
|3 tbs coconut cream|
|2 tsp fish sauce|
|1 tbs roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped|
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini.
- Cut the zucchini into 2 inch thick slices.
- Scoop out with a melon baller, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh around the inside of the skin as well as on the bottom of each slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground pork, chopped shrimp, garlic, cilantro, sugar, lime zest, shallots. 2 tbs of coconut cream and the fish sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini shells, then cover and refrigerate until close to serving time.
- Place the stuffed shells in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pan of boiling water, cover and steam for 10 minutes or until the filling is cooked and zucchini is tender.
- Serve dotted with a little coconut cream and sprinkled with chopped peanuts.