Asparagus with Macadamia Nuts
|1 lb fresh asparagus|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 tsp garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs lemon zest|
|3 tbs coarsely chopped raw macadamia nuts|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry the asparagus spears, then place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the spears and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a dry skillet, toast the macadamia nuts over medium heat, until lightly browned and fragrant. About 5 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a serving plate, drizzle with any juices from the roasting pan and top with macadamia nuts.
- Serve warm.