Baked Beans and Ham Hocks
- 1 package of small white northern beans
- 1 large can of Italian tomatoes, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 lb of brown sugar
- 3 ham hocks
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- Soak beans in water overnight. Drain then rinse.
- Parboil the beans for 20 minutes, then pour off the liquid.
- Add the beans and remaining ingredients to a casserole dish and bake covered at 300 degrees for 6 hours.
- Check frequently and add more liquid if desired.