Barbecue Paste Rub
|2 tbs dry rosemary, crushed|
|2 tbs dried thyme, crushed|
|1 bay leaf, crumbled|
|1/2 head of garlic, peeled and crushed|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 and 1/2 tbs dry coriander|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
- Grind rosemary, thyme and bay leaf in a food processor.
- With machine running, add peeled garlic cloves through the feed tube and process.
- Add all remaining ingredients and puree until it becomes a paste.
- Place meat of choice in a glass baking dish and rub paste all over.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before placing meat over coals all it to sit at room temperature for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Recipe may be doubled.