Barbecue Paste Rub
- 2 tbs dry rosemary, crushed
- 2 tbs dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 tbs dry coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Grind rosemary, thyme and bay leaf in a food processor.
- With machine running, add peeled garlic cloves through the feed tube and process.
- Add all remaining ingredients and puree until it becomes a paste.
- Place meat of choice in a glass baking dish and rub paste all over.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before placing meat over coals all it to sit at room temperature for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Recipe may be doubled.