Barbecued Corn on the Cob
- Strip husks down to the end of the cob, but do not remove.
- Tear off silk threads.
- Soak husked corn in cold salted water for 10 minutes.
- Brush corn with softened butter or margarine and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring husks back up around cob, making sure entire ear is covered.
- Secure husks with a strip of corn husk, tied tightly
- Place ears in a double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil and twist the ends tightly.
- Place over hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning once
- When corn is done serve immediately.
Seasoned butters for Corn on the Cob:
- Combine one stick of butter, softened with one of the following:
- 1/2 tsp curry powder or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hickory smoked salt
- 1 tsp chopped chives or parsley
- 1 tsp herb seasoning
- Makes enough season butter for six to 8 ears of corn.