Basque Chicken and Rice
|1 chicken, cut into parts|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 small jar of roasted red peppers, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cups rice|
|2 chorizo sausages, cut into small pieces|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp oregano|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|Parsley for garnish|
- Add enough oil to a large saute pan to cover the bottom.
- Saute the onions using medium heat until clear.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add washed chicken parts and brown on all sides.
- Add sausage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and red peppers.
- Lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Add mixture to a large covered casserole dish and add 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving platter and garnish with parsley.