Boston Shrimp Newberg
|1 lb of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|6 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 and 1/2 cups light cream|
|3 egg yolks beaten|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|3 tbs shrimp stock (cooking water from the shrimp)|
|dash of kosher salt to taste|
|dash of white pepper|
|paprika for garnish|
- Blend butter and flour in a saute pan. Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream all at once.
- Heat over low heat and stir until thickened.
- Stir in a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, mix then add the egg yolks to the pan and continue to stir until very thick.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, shrimp stock and paprika.
- Serve with toast points.