Boston Shrimp Newberg
- 1 lb of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups light cream
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbs shrimp stock (cooking water from the shrimp)
- dash of kosher salt to taste
- dash of white pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Toast points
- Blend butter and flour in a saute pan. Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream all at once.
- Heat over low heat and stir until thickened.
- Stir in a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, mix then add the egg yolks to the pan and continue to stir until very thick.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, shrimp stock and paprika.
- Serve with toast points.