Caribbean Shrimp and Black Bean Salad
|1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and minced|
|1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/2 cup red onion, sliced and separated into rings|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced|
|1/4 cup lime juice|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 tbs honey|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3 cups water|
|2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, veined and cooked|
|butter lettuce leaves|
|cherry tomato halves|
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large non metal bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. After chilling taste for seasoning.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook until pink. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain well, then add shrimp to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Assemble some lettuce lined plates and arrange the shrimp around the edges.
- Spoon some of the bean mixture in the center of each plate.
- Garnish with some cherry tomato slices and serve.