Cheese Enchiladas with Green Chilies
|12 corn tortillas|
|1 lb pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|1 onion, minced|
|2 (8oz) cans of tomato sauce|
|2 tsp oregano|
|2 (4oz) cans of green chilies|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 pint of Mexican Crema or Sour cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Fry tortillas for about 1 minute in hot oil, turning once and draining on paper towels.
- Let cool slightly then fill with 3/4 of the cheese and chilies that have been diced.
- Roll up and place in a casserole or baking dish.
- Fry onions and garlic in 1 tbs of oil until clear.
- Add tomato sauce, and season with salt and pepper and oregano.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add a little water if sauce gets to thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in Mexican crema or sour cream and pour over the filled enchiladas.
- Top with the remaining cheese and chilies.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and hot.