Chili Shrimp with Shredded Coconut
- 4 lbs extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground chilie powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the tomato sauce, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, soy sauce, chili powder and honey.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator, covered for several hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the shrimp and 1/2 of the coconut and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the marinade and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut and serve.