Chili Shrimp with Shredded Coconut
|4 lbs extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp ground chilie powder|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|2 tsps finely grated lemon rind|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs honey|
|1 tbs oil|
|1 cup shredded coconut|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- In a large bowl, mix the tomato sauce, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, soy sauce, chili powder and honey.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator, covered for several hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the shrimp and 1/2 of the coconut and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the marinade and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the rest of the coconut and serve.