Chorizo Sausages with Horseradish Cream
|12 Chorizo sausages|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 red onions, cut into thin wedges|
|2 tbs dark brown sugar|
|3 tsp balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 lb of cream cheese, softened|
|1 tbs horseradish cream (1/2 prepared horseradish, 1/2 sour cream)|
|12 mini cibata rolls|
|bunch of watercress, stems removed|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tbs olive oil in a small saute pan.
- Add the onion and 1 and 1/2 tbs water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until onion is soft and starting to brown.
- Stir in the sugar and vinegar and cook, uncovered for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Season and keep warm.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the cream cheese and horseradish cream until smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saute pan and cook the sausages in batches over medium low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned and cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, heat the bread in a hot oven.
- When hot, slice vertically, three quarters of the way through and spread with the horseradish mixture.
- Fill the rolls with the sausages, onion and top with the water cress.