Corn Chowder with Shrimp and Roasted Peppers
|1 red pepper|
|1 poblano pepper|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 and 1/2 tbs corn starch|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|2 cups milk|
|1 (16oz) bag of frozen corn, divided|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off|
- Broil whole peppers, turning until blackened on all sides. Add to a sealed plastic bag to help steam the skin away.
- After 10 minutes or so remove the peppers from the bag and remove blackened skin. Do not rinse under water.
- Chop peppers into a dice.
- Saute the butter and onion, add the garlic.
- To a sauce pan add water milk and half of the corn. Whisk in the corn starch, then add the butter, onions and garlic.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender and return to pot.
- Add the remaining corn peppers, cream and shrimp.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve with crusty bread and or crackers.