Curried Ground Lamb
|1 lb ground lamb|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|3 tsp curry powder|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp fresh ginger|
|1 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 cups rice, cooked according to package directions|
|Sliced scallions for garnish|
|shredded coconut for garnish|
|raisins for garnish|
|Chopped peanuts for garnish|
|2 tbs canola oil|
- In a large saute pan add canola oil using medium high heat add the lamb, onion, garlic, butter and cook until meat is browned.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes,water, curry powder, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend flour and water and add to meat mixture.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Serve over hot rice and serve wit sliced green onion, shredded coconut, raisins and peanuts.