Easy Swiss Steak
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs round steak
- Add several tbs of olive oil to a large saute pan.
- Using medium high heat, brown round steak on both sides. About 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the steaks in a glass baking dish and put sliced onion on top.
- Add tomato sauce to a sauce pan along with the garlic, oregano and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over steak and onions.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1 and 1/2 hours or until steak is tender.
- Serve with baked potato, salad.