English Beef Stew
|1 lb of stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 and 1/2 cups beef stock|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup tomato sauce|
|1 cup of pearl onions|
|1/2 cup sliced carrots|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Flour meat on all sides.
- In a large sauce pan brown meat on all sides.
- Add the beef stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer partially covered for 2 hours.
- Add all other ingredients and continue cooking for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.