Fish Stew with Pasta
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 (28oz) can of diced tomatoes|
|1 (8oz) bottle of clam juice|
|1 cup half and half|
|1/2 cup parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp grated lemon peel|
|1 tsp fresh basil|
|1/2 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1 lb of cod or haddock fillets|
|12 little neck clams in shells|
|12 mussels in shells|
|2 cups tortellini|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, parsley, lemon peel,basil and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish, clams and tortellini and return to boiling for 5 minutes or until clams and mussels open.
- Add half and half and simmer for another 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.