Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins
|1 and 1/3 cups slivered almonds|
|1/4 cup cornmeal|
|1/4 cup ground flax seed|
|1/4 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup baking soda|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 ripe banana|
|2-4 tbs milk|
|1 and 1/2 tbs butter, melted and cooled|
|2 tbs honey|
|1 tsp vanilla extract (gluten free)|
|1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 10 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a coffee grinder, blender of food processor finely grind the almonds, in three separate portions.
- Put each portion through a wire mesh strainer to separate the fine powder from the larger chunks, then reprocess until all the almonds are finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flax seed, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a measuring cup, mash banana with a fork until smooth.
- Add enough milk so banana and milk combined measure 3/4 cup.
- Add butter, honey, egg and vanilla, mix with a fork until fully blended together.
- Add banana mixture to dry mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Add strawberries and fold in quickly, until evenly mixed in.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch, and just beginning to brown on the top.