Grape and Walnut Chicken Salad Apptizers
|1 and 1/2 cups of cooked and cubed chicken breast|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 cup celery, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup sweet onion, minced|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/3 cup chopped mustard|
|1 cup red grapes, quartered|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|18 slices of multigrain bread, crusts cut off|
|Baby lettuce greens|
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, celery, onion, mustard and walnuts.
- Add chicken and grapes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast each piece of bread on both sides until crisp and browned.
- Spread chicken salad on 9 slices of bread.
- Top each with lettuce leaves and then one of the other 9 slices of bread.
- Gently press down on each sandwich and cut into triangles.
- Hold together with a decorative toothpick