Grilled Striped Bass
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup cognac
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs striped bass, filets or steaks
- Cut fish into serving size portions and place in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour sauce over fish and let stand for 30 minutes, turning fish once.
- Remove fish, reserving remaining sauce for basting.
- Place fish in well greased, hinged wire grilling basket.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Baste both sides of fish with reserved sauce while cooking.