Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1 cup diced cooked country ham
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 and 1and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs of Spanish paprika for garnish
- In a large sauce pan using medium heat melt the butter and stir in the flour. Stir forming a roux until flour is incorporated and smooth. About 3 minutes
- Gradually add milk and stir until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir in until cheese melts.
- Stir in ham and mix well.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish and add in half of the potatoes and cover with the 1/2 of the sauce.
- Add in remaining potatoes and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly. About 20 minutes.
- Garnish with Paprika.