Herbed Chicken Salad with Mushrooms and Green Beans
|2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|1 tbs sugar|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tsp dried tarragon or 1 tsp fresh|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup of mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2 lb of green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces, and cooked crispy|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Poach the chicken breasts in boiling water along with several bay leafs until cooked through.
- Cool, chicken then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add green beans to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove for water and add to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- To a large bowl add lemon juice, canola oil, sugar, tarragon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms, green beans and tomatoes.
- Add dressing and gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.