Indian Chapatti Bread
|3 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp salt|
|8 (oz) warm water|
|1 and 1/4 (oz) of ghee about 1 cup|
- Sift the whole wheat flour along with the salt in a large bowl.
- Add the ghee and rub with you fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well and add and our in 1 cup of warm water.
- Mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave for 1 hour.
- Knead again for 5 minutes, or until smooth.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into small circles.
- Heat a little oil in a large saute pan and cook several chapatti’s at a time for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.