Indian Chicken Tika
|1 and 1/2 lbs of skinless boneless chicken thighs|
|1/4 onion, chopped|
|4-5 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|3 tsp ground coriander|
|3 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tbs garam masala|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tsp cayenne pepper|
- Cut chicken into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes.
- Soak 30 wooden skewers in cold water for several hours.
- Add the onion garlic, ginger and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and finely chop.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the yogurt and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Thread four pieces of chicken onto each skewer and place into a large baking dish.
- Mix all the dry spices together and combine well.
- Coat the chicken with the spice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Barbecue, fry or grill the chicken skewers, turning frequently, until cooked through.