Indian Coconut Crusted Lamb Cutlets
- 24 thin lamb cutlets
- 1 large onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbs soft dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Trim the meat of all excess fat
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tsp of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Stir until coconut is completely moistened.
- Add the lamb cutlets and press the coconut mixture onto the surface of each cutlet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal or stove top grill, then grill the cutlets for 3-5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.