Indian Coconut Crusted Lamb Cutlets
|24 thin lamb cutlets|
|1 large onion grated|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp ground turmeric|
|1 tbs soft dark brown sugar|
|2/3 cup unsweetened coconut|
|2 tsp soy sauce|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
- Trim the meat of all excess fat
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tsp of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Stir until coconut is completely moistened.
- Add the lamb cutlets and press the coconut mixture onto the surface of each cutlet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal or stove top grill, then grill the cutlets for 3-5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.