Indian Herbed Naan Bread
- 2 package of Naan Bread Mix (available at Asian grocery stores)
- 3 (oz) sweet potato, finely diced
- 3 (oz) pumpkin or yellow squash, finely diced
- 3 (oz) frozen peas
- 1 (oz) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs mango chutney
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Prepare each package of Naan Bread, according to package directions.
- Knead lightly. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Boil or steam the pumpkin and sweet potato just until tender and combine with the peas, cilantro, chutney, curry powder, garam masala, fennel seeds and chili powder. Mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide each quantity of dough into 4 portions. Roll each out on a lightly floured surface and cut 4 circles from each with a 3 inch cookie cutter.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the filling on half of each circle, brush the edges with beaten egg, fold over and seal.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and brush the tops with the remaining egg and bake for 20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.