Bourbon Nut Orange Bread
|2 and 1/2 cups flour|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1/2 cup orange juice|
|1 egg beaten|
|1 tbs orange rind, grated|
|1 cup chopped nuts|
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients.
- Add bourbon, orange juice and beaten egg to dry ingredients and mix just until dampened.
- Stir in nuts and orange rind.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until bread comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Slice when completely cool.