Jamaican Jerk Cheeseburger
|1 lb of ground beef or pork|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|1 tbs thyme|
|1 tbs allspice|
|1 scotch bonnet or habenero pepper, chopped, seeds removed|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|4 slices of Munster cheese|
|1 red onion, thinly sliced|
|1 tomato, sliced|
|1 mango, peeled and sliced|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
- Mix together the spices, scotch bonnet pepper and scallions to make the jerk seasoning.
- Use 1/4 cup jerk seasoning and mix with 1 lb of meat.
- Store remaining seasoning for future use.
- Form meat into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers over hot coals until desired doneness is achieved.
- Top burgers with a slice of cheese, onion, tomato and mango.
- Toast buns over the coals, and assemble the burgers.