Kalamatta Olive and Cheese Spread
|1/2 lb of cream cheese, softened|
|6 oz of feta cheese, crumbled|
|8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, torn|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|15 kalamatta olives, pitted and roughly chopped|
|parsley, chopped for garnish|
- In a Food processor, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil, 1 tbs olive oil and a dash of black pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in olives and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Smooth with the back of spoon and pour remaining oil over top.
- Garnish with a few dashes of black pepper and parsley.
- Server with crusty bread and or crackers.