Mediterranean Shrimp Fritters
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self rising flour
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup soda water
- 1/4 lb of cook shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped.
- Oil for frying
- Sift the flours into a large bowl.
- Add the spring onion, parsley, some salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the center and gradually add the soda water, whisking to form a smooth lump free batter.
- Add enough soda water to form a batter that will drop from a spoon.
- Add the shrimp and stir until well combined.
- Fill a heavy sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full of oil and bring to 350 degrees.
- Drop half tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil in batches and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, turning until puffed and evenly browned all over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.